Friday, March 16, 2012

Life is Good!


The last weeks have been some of the best, most fulfilling, blessed times I have had in a long while! Why, you ask?

  • I found out a very good friend is pregnant and I get to visit her soon!
  • I am excited for the wedding of another friend next month
  • My dad got a new job, which will be a wonderful opportunity for both of my parents in Washington State
  • I am content saying in Washington DC and on Capitol Hill for the foreseeable future
  • I see the turn of the spring, sun, and warm temperatures
  • I got new running shoes to protect my feet and legs
  • I like my spring and summer clothes and can put away the bulky jackets
  • I don’t have to stay inside because it is no longer dark and cold!
  • I have been nesting away with God during Lent. He has spoken to me and I am so glad for him.
  • I gave up dating and I really like the way that feels! Not sure when I will reverse this decision…something or someone really compelling would have to come along.
  • I have watched a lot of inspiring, lovely movies about courageous, godly people.
  • I have spent time with people I really enjoy, and bowed out of large social events that cause me more distress than enjoyment.
  • I have been able to spend a lot of time praying at the Planned Parenthood Clinic for mothers and fathers making very tough decisions.
  • I have been able to focus on my devotional life in Christ, and completed a lot of books and meditations on this topic.
  • I clarified things with my pastors at my old Church, and it was kind and compassionate but also very definitive and I am moving on. While it is sad, it is a relief to commit fully to one church.
  • Very good friends are moving from DC (sad) but I am so happy for them to start a new, wonderful life in a beautiful place!
  • I live very near many good friends.
  • I love my house, and cannot wait to get some serious spring cleaning done in my room!

No comments: