Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Most Romantic 'Man' in the World

Jesus Riding on a White Horse (Revelation 19)

1 You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
   too lofty for me to attain. 
- Psalm 139: 1-6

Wow. Today is a big day for me for several reasons, and a particularly hard one for me this year. But God is good and shows me that he loves me even when I couldn’t be less thrilled with where He has me for right now. He is the most romantic man in the world, and He knows me and makes me feel special and beloved, and he knows the romantic, sensitive heart he put in my body.

About a year ago, I bought a pretty cross necklace. It was a providential find….from the fine jewelry department at Macy’s but on super clearance for $15. Amazing. About eight months ago, I lost the necklace.

I looked and looked for it everywhere I could think of. All of my drawers, behind my door, under the bed, under the rug in my room. Everywhere. I couldn’t figure out what had happened to that necklace.

Well, I came home during my lunchbreak at work. As I was hanging up a few items of clothing, my necklace appeared on the rug in the middle of my room. I have moved and vacuumed this same rug many times since I lost the necklace.

Thinking on it, I noted God’s goodness, sweetness, and providence in restoring this sweet and precious symbol to me. This necklace has a lot of meaning to me and I am so glad to have it back. The fact that I found it today, of all days, is especially poignant. Thank you God, I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am looking how to locate the artist who painted the second coming picture of Jesus on your site. I am writing a book for boys called "soldier of the King." I need a picture of Jesus on a white horse. Could you let me know about contacting the artist? Thank you. Tumblermom @ gmail.com

Unknown said...

Please Email me if you know how I can find how to contact the artist for the picture of Christ's return. I wrote another email, but don't know if it went through. Thank you. Tumblermom@ gmail.com