Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Breathtaking Reflection on the Wings of God

Dear Friends, this morning I read the following reflection on God's wings. I had never considered this before, but from now on, every time I lay my head on my feather pillow or pull up my warm and snuggly down blanket in the cold weather, I will remember the protective and glorious wings of our great Heavenly Father. I hope this moves you like it did me today. Be Blessed! Love, Juliet

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. -Psalm 91:4


 Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. -Psalm 17:8

Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. -Psalm 63:7


Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. -Matthew 23:37


“How perfectly Christ portrays the nurturing wings of El Shaddai, the Caregiver. God’s wings covered His children with safety, security, joy and affection. In His perfect parenting, God is both paternal and maternal, both the loving disciplinarian and the nurturing protector who covers His children with His life.

“An article in National Geographic several years ago provided a penetrating picture of God’s wings. After a forest fire in Yellowstone National Park, forest rangers began their trek up a mountain to assess the inferno’s damage. One ranger found a bird literally petrified in ashes, perched statuesquely on the ground at the base of a tree. Somewhat sickened by the eerie sight, he knocked over the bird with a stick. When he struck it, three tiny chicks scurried from under their dead mother’s wings. The loving mother, keenly aware of impending disaster, had carried her offspring to the base of the tree and had gathered them under her wings, instinctively knowing that the toxic smoke would rise. She could have flown to safety but had refused to abandon her babies. When the blaze had arrived and the heat had singed her small body, the mother had remained steadfast. Because she had been willing to die, those under the cover of her wings would live.

“He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust.”-Psalm 91:4. Learn to experience the warmth and protection of life beneath the wings of the almighty.”

--Beth Moore, A Woman’s Heart: God’s Dwelling Place

No comments: