Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Instructions

I remember an idyllic time in my life several years ago now, where I really felt the power of the following verse:

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. (James 5:13)

I was really, really happy; there were no clouds on the horizon or in the past. We all have seasons of this. There was nothing troubling me to pray about. I needed to remember that it is in that period that I must sing songs of praise, and give thanks! That is the other side of the pendulum of asking for help or for your needs. Give thanks!!

Today I read the following, and it also provides a full range of instructions for any of life's stages..whether in a stage of hope, affliction, or prayer.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. (Romans 12:12)

No comments: