Thursday, June 28, 2012

Love It or Lose It

I am trying a new method of going through my clothes. Several years ago I decided to toss any item of clothing that I never or rarely wear, that had a prominent color or pattern that was not the most flattering, and that was ill fitting, unless I was willing to pay for alterations. That got rid of a lot of clothes.

Then there are some that still linger without my wearing them too often. Sometimes that is because they are "special" and cannot be worn casually. But there are others that sit on hangers week after month after year. I decided today to pick an item and either "wear it or toss it." If I cannot find a way to wear a particular item, it goes in the Good Will bin. If I decide after a day of wearing it that it is not something I love, then I will donate the garment to charity.

Either way, I must make a decision every day to "love it or lose it," or "wear it or lose it." If you see me wearing something that you don't think is particularly nice, please let me know, I really am trying to weed out things that aren't extra special.

No comments: