Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dazzling Witness



Because I am a contemplative person, I experience a lot of internal change. Sometimes I am unable to communicate that change to other people, who may not benefit from my spiritual growth without my communication of the experience. This leaves me feeling ineffective sometimes in sharing my faith and life with others, and being "useful" as a witness of God.

In today's Utmost for His Highest, Oswald writes, "If you keep your relationship right with God, then regardless of your circumstances or whoever you encounter each day, He will continue to pour rivers of living water through you. And it is actually by His mercy that He does not let you know it... God uses the reaction of your life to your circumstances to fulfill His purpose, as long as you continue to walk in the light as He is in the light."

This is extremely comforting and powerful. My witness is ALWAYS on, and it is God's mercy that I don't know it. Hopefully the darkened world is dazzled by the Grace of God in my life and growing thirstier and thirstier for him.


No comments: