Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Having The Right "Stuff"

Having the right equipment can make all the difference in approaching cleaning tasks. I discovered that I dislike using washcloths to wash dishes unless the dish had almost no food or gunk on it. I much prefer using a dish scrub brush with bristles to wash dishes. I find that washcloths get gunky and funky and never seem to get free of all the food particles you wipe up.

I also prefer to use microfiber cloths for everything. Everything! From washing tables to wiping windows and toilets to drying my face (not with the same cloths!) 

Finally, my last discovery is that I dislike using Clorox pre-moistened wipes. I much prefer to spray the liquid myself and wipe it up with my microfiber cloth. If I need to toss anything, I would rather use a paper towel. If the wipes were larger or thicker, maybe I would feel differently.

On another note, my schedule has been out of whack-- my fault! I kept the kids awake all day yesterday and didn't do my evening routine or my workout. I did go on a walk and did some nominal lunges.

Aside from yesterday (Monday) and Saturday, though, I have maintained my workout habits each day during afternoon naps. Today I took a step too far, though, and attempted a (very good) pilates workout that was just beyond my reach. I feel faint and miserable at the moment. I shall rehydrate and lay down and take a step back tomorrow for my routine. 

Here's a snippet of my favorite reading of the day from Psalm 145. I am loving these Psalms! Somehow they are my least favorite reading in the Mass, but when I am alone with the Psalms they pack a punch and reach my heart most often of all. I think it is the beauty of the verse as opposed to the prose of most Scripture. 

The LORD is gracious and merciful,
slow to anger and of great kindness.
The LORD is good to all
and compassionate toward all his works.

No comments: