Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Hobbies, Laughter, and Fun

My life is a bit chaotic sometimes. It is divided into segments: work, school, church, socializing. And for the most part, I keep them all separate, because I like to have different spheres in my life, a separate entrance and exit for each.

But now I really want to find out more of who I am: beyond a hard worker who is passionate about faith and life and family and friends. I know that I have a sense of humor, and I can be funny around my good friends, but I cannot define my humor, and can't even tell you something that I think is funny. So my goal is to laugh more, and to find out what makes me laugh.

I also want to have fun doing different social hobbies. But I don't know what I like that I am good at. I used to love making cards and painting and drawing and making jewelry, but now it just seems like too much work and too many "parts" and things that I don't have. I like writing, but that's what I do for work and school and for Bible study, so the pleasure's not purely for fun.

I do know that I like "treasure hunting" through shopping, going through books and magazines and replicating beautiful things. I like being outside in the sun, I like being with other people and I like cooking. I like dancing and working out. But are these hobbies?

I am in search of hobbies (that I really don't have time for) and I am in search of laughter. Laughter is important, and sometimes I am so sick of being serious!

1 comment:

Phil said...

Snowboarding is a great hobby.