Thursday, August 11, 2011

Moving On

The risks and hardships of 18th Century America were many. 
Tragedy occured on a daily basis..lives were lost through warfare, 
accidents and illness. Survivors, by their nature, had to accept, 
and continue with their lives. Bryant White
Moving On

Tonight I buried myself alive, Love
I dug a hole in faith that this is best
Put all the relics I must grow free of
Whilst still breathing, I stifled in death’s rest

Suffocating, my heart down there drowning
My soul is with the items laid in sand
Each grain like a hope in past love I’d cling
Now shoveling with furied passion at hand

I’m not Godly like Abraham, his son
he did not withhold, but gave faithfully;
Can’t will myself let go this dearest one
Unless I’m lost too… my sinful folly.

Lord, my offering is paltry, please take
my mustard seed trust, with it a tree make.

--JTG

No comments: