Friday, January 13, 2012

Dear Friend

Dear Friend, 

You and I have an amazing mutual friend. This mutual friend knows me better than I know myself. He also knows you better than you know yourself. He knew us before we were even a twinkling, starry promise to Abraham. And even more than that, this mutual friend searches the deep things of God and knows God’s thoughts!!! Our mutual friend is the Holy Spirit, and He is everywhere one and the same. That means the revelation He graces you with, and the vision and hope He gives to me should be perfectly aligned if we truly listen to him. I continue to pray that I hear God clearly, purely, and rightly. And I am praying the same for you. Because the more we each individually hear from God, the more aligned our thoughts should be on the important issues currently dividing us, such as our view on friendship, mercy and grace, and forgiveness. It would be bewildering for us to not see eye to eye on these important topics, and this is why I would like to meet on Tuesday, and even more reason to pray first. I want to be empty of all my preconceived notions and prejudices and personal filters created by past wrongs, hurts, and sufferings. I want only to hear the pure, honeyed words of the Holy Spirit in my soul, and I believe that you and I can both reach healing and consensus on the issues that divide us. That is my heart and dream for our meeting. To be of one mind, as we are both driven and trained and loved and propelled by the Holy Spirit who is One, “everywhere one and the same.” He would not speak disparate messages in our individual hearts. 

No comments: