Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Knock and the Door Will Be Opened to His Heart



Knock and the Door Will Be Opened to His Heart

Tip tip toe up, no one knows I’m here, but
He who I come to see in secret; just
Sink into intimacy beyond glut
And clamor and clambering of world’s thrust.

If I could, I’d shuffle to the front, down
On my knees for in my spirit I’m bowed.
Look upon me, your healing Love renown
A gaze on your beauty, all evil’s cowed.

I go for naught but You, for you I crave.
You don’t depend on worship at your feet.
You, One and Only, need not what I gave,
Pure grace and mercy, little me you meet.

You deign to host me in your home, my Lord.
Thank you’s not enough; for you my life’s poured.
--JTG

1 comment:

noël said...

:) Once again, thanks for sharing your artful thoughts and words. I liked it a lot!