Monday, February 06, 2012

What Shall I Do for Lent this Year?

I am considering some more rigorous spiritual exercises for lent this year. I don’t know what it will entail. I think it must be a mix of some regular fasting, as well as some proactive things such as extended prayer, scripture memorization, reading…something difficult and challenging. I want to train my heart and mind and body to be more submitted and open to Christ. I want to be more obedient to him. Help me determine what you want me to do, Oh Lord.

PS, I almost forgot about service. Why is it that service is always last on my mind? Maybe I should get more involved in regular service. 

1 comment:

Teresa said...

The Holy Spirit lives in the sanctuary of your heart. Endeavor to be mindful of Him and listen to His voice. He speaks only what He hears from God and you will know His voice. The disciplines can sometimes keep us just occupied with tally marks.