Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Send Me Wisdom From Above

Where am I being called, where am I being tugged?

I grew up in a wonderful, glorious place.

I was nurtured and loved, supported and encouraged by the good and Godly people of Central California.

I was a bright mind, an ambitious branch of the conservative philosophy and theology of the region.

I had a community of like-minded friends who mutually edified and challenged one another.

But I was set on blazing a new trail, and I had a quest and search for more stimulation for my mind, spirit, intellect, soul, and understanding.

This led me to Washington DC.

Everyone here is as I described myself: bright, ambitious, passionate, thoughtful, willing to risk to change the world according to the dictates of their worldview.

I felt like a small fish in a big pond. It was glorious. I found stimulation, challenge, and encouragement everywhere. And I grew, and GREW, and GREW.

Now, I face my life at a crossroads. Have I learned to form and challenge myself (with the proddings and leadings of God, of course), to the point where I could go back to a non-challenging region and still grow? 

Or should I stay in this community of national discourse, intellectual rigor, and educational and imaginative stimulation? DC is truly the nexus of today’s national and worldwide problems and concerns, and to step back and remove myself would be to step down to a lower, more personalistic realm of thought and consideration. Would I be giving up too much if I move? 

God, please make it clear to me. These years are so formative for me, and will define the route of my future path.  I want to do what brings most glory to God. Where will my gifts be most anointed and used? Where will I be most humble, and most open to you? 

Send me wisdom from above!
-JTG

1 comment:

Teresa said...

God's wisdom doesn't always come in the form of a daily compass needle pointing in the correct direction. Sometimes we wander to find Him, rather than the direction.