Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Dollars Will Tell You What Music I Really Like...Because I Cannot

When people ask me what music I like, I am always at a loss. I don’t consider myself to have any semblance of sophisticated or unique taste in music. I also suppose that what I “like” and what I “listen to” often differ because my soul cannot stomach a lot of the “sounds” that I like. For example, I like the sound of many  songs that Rihanna sings,but I get creeped out and distressed if I listen to the dark and broody lyrics for any amount of time. But on the other hand, I listen to a lot of worship music because I need it to be in the background of my mind although the sound at hand is not my preference. 

So instead of determining what categories of music and sound I like, I will give the demonstrative account of what music I like by listing the albums I have actually spent money on in the past year. I rarely buy music, and when I do, it is on iTunes, so this really is reflective of what I “love.” And thus, I guess it is the type and style of music I like, since I did, in fact, buy it. Okay. In order from newest (this week) to oldest (about 12 months ago).

Artist: Album
  1. Natalie Grant: Love Revolution
  2. Matt Maher: Empty and Beautiful
  3. Mandisa: What if We Were Real
  4. Soul Surfer: Original Motion Picture Score
  5. Soul Surfer: Music from the Motion Picture
  6. Cece Winans: Thy Kingdom Come
  7. Josh Turner: Your Man
  8. Sara Groves: Tell Me What You Know
  9. 50 Greatest Pieces of Classical Music
  10. Step Up 3D: Soundtrack
  11. Tenth Avenue North: Light Meets Dark
  12. Sara Groves: Fireflies and Songs
  13. Brad Paisley: Time Well Wasted
  14. Matt Maher: Alive Again
  15. David Crowder Band: Church Music
  16. Michael Card: Joy in the Journey

My favorite?

This CD is un-be-lievable. And his concerts are even more so. I love it.

No comments: