Monday, July 04, 2011

You Know Sad Songs Say so Much

...Turn on those sad songs
When all the little bit of hope is gone
You know sad songs say so much...
Elton John "Sad Songs"

My version on Psalm 34. It's a sad time, but this is such a redemptive psalm. Thanks, King David, for authoring this inspired Word of God.

I will extol my Lord at all times. His praise will always be on my lips. I will glory in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice. Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together. I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. I look to him and am radiant; my face is never covered with shame. This poor girl called, and the Lord heard me! He saved me out of all my troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps around me because I fear him, and he delivers me. Juliet, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed am I for taking refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his holy people. I fear Him and therefore lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry but I who seek the Lord lack no good thing. My children will listen to me and I will teach my kids the fear of the Lord. I love life and desire to see many good days, therefore I will keep my tongue from evil and my lips from telling lies. I will turn from evil and do good; I will seek peace and purse it. The eyes of my Lord are on me, and his ears are attentive to my cry. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to blot out their name from the earth. I cry out and the Lord hears me; he delivers me from all my troubles. The Lord is close to me in my brokenheartedness and saves me as I am crushed in spirit. I may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers me from them all. He protects all my bones, and not one of them will be broken. Evil will slay the wicked; the foes of the righteous will be condemned. The Lord will rescue me, His servants; I who take refuge in Him will not be condemned.

No comments: