Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Hidden in my Heart

I am really trying hard to memorize Scripture. To get it DEEP down there in my bones, in my marrow, so that it changes the way my brain and all my synapses and joints and cells operate. I want what Stanley Jones would call a "Christian Body." I want every elemental physiological and psychological and biochemical cell in my being to resonate with Scripture, which is Truth Alone.

So here are the verses that God gave me to start out with. Now...they are from memory so if I missed something, have GRACE for my poor overworked brain.

Abraham Believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness Romans 4:3

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things unseen Hebrews 11:1

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which he has prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

You formed my innermost parts. You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ living in me. Galatians 2:10

1 comment:

Noël V. said...

This makes me feel...um...I was going to say guilty, and then inspired, and then...I don't know what. Basically, I have been so convicted lately about the focus of my life. God is inside of me. My spirit is the source of my life. But, for some reason he's never relevant to anything that I'm doing. Spending time with God and taking the time to write and worship and connect with other Christians is like an "other" in my life right now. I have to completely detatch my mind. It's never been like that for me. It makes everything seem so meaningless. Like, if I were to try to memorize scripture so that it changed my entire process of thinking and interacting, how would it relate to hours spent studying comp theory? I just don't see God in it. And, my life outside of that doesn't currently exist. So, maybe I will still pray about this and look for some verses. It made me feel frustrated and defeated with my life as it is.