Thursday, December 31, 2009

Heroes



Recently, I finished a spiritual autobiography of Amy Grant, as well as one by Jill Briscoe. I am looking for my next characters to read about, and my thoughts are leaning toward William Wilberforce, or allegorical accounts like Pilgrim's Progress, Hinds Feet on High Places. I just found out that another person I greatly admire, Bethany Hamilton, has come out with her own tale of life and faith.

Bethany's arm was bitten off by a shark in a surf accident when she was 13, but she was out surfing ten weeks later and is a pro surfer to this day. Can't wait to get the book and tell you what I read.

I know that classifying William Wilberforce and Bethany Hamilton together may seem inadequate to most people, but all we can do is what God sets before us. For Wilberforce, it was defeating and evil of slavery in England. For Bethany, it is conquering her very real fears and doing what God set in her heart to do. Go to it!

No comments: