Thursday, December 31, 2009

“I will not let you go unless you bless me.”


I did a topical study of a particular word and its related terms. Does anyone see the theme here? A prize for someone who can name the topic!
  
“Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always” 1 Chronicles 16:11

“Nevertheless, the righteous will hold to their ways, and those with clean hands will grow stronger” Job 17:9

“Though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.” Psalm 37:24


“For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off.” Psalm 37:28

“You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.” Psalm 73:24

“The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands.” Psalm 138:8

Thank you, Jesus. I thank you that you do not abandon the works of your hands.
  
“So Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him till daybreak. When the man saw that he could not overpower him, he touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched as he wrestled with the man. Then the man said, “Let me go, for it is daybreak.”
But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” Genesis 32:24-26

“But because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went to, and his descendants will inherit it.” Numbers 14:24

“Of the men who went to explore the land, only Joshua son of Nun and Caleb son of Jephunneh survived.” Numbers 14: 38

“And after a while his master’s wife took notice of Joseph and said, “Come to bed with me!”
But he refused. “With me in charge,” he told her, “my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care. No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?” And though she spoke to Joseph day after day, he refused to go to bed with her or even be with her.
One day he went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the household servants was inside. She caught him by his cloak and said, “Come to bed with me!” But he left his cloak in her hand and ran out of the house.” Genesis 39:7-12

“Pilate answered, “What I have written, I have written.” John 19:22

“And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.””  Acts 20:22-24

(Jesus, I want to know you this way; to receive your direction so confidently and clearly).

“Then Paul answered, “Why are you weeping and breaking my heart? I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die in Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus.” Acts 21:13

“When he would not be dissuaded, we gave up and said, “The Lord’s will be done.” Acts 21:14

“My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast. I will sing and make music.” Psalm 57:7

“My heart is steadfast, O God; I will sing and make music with all my soul.” Psalm 108:1

“He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.” Psalm 112:7

“All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.” Matthew 10:22

“But he who stands firm to the end will be saved.” Matthew 24:13

“Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop- thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times what was sown.” Mark 4:20

1 comment:

noël said...

I'm not sure exactly what you looked for, but found some interesting themes about God's hand, a committed spirit attentive to God's will, and a heart that also devotes itself to praising and knowing God.
Ah, typing these makes them seem so topical and cliche (in my opinion), but reading them as they were --excerpts, they have so much more power and seem very real. I'm glad that you looked them up and posted them rather than just giving us the topic.
I'm learning about love (through Kierkegaard's book), and it's MUCH MORE than people being fake or not. That was my really bad example (trying to simplify his words) that you overheard. I can't tell you how good it is for me to read. I'll email you as I go if there's something that I can put into words.
It was so good to see you, but short, and not very quality; that made me kind of sad. Hopefully after January another opportunity will present itself for us to see each other.
I believe in you and think that God has so much planned for your life. You have such a strong, beautiful, wise, and unique spirit. I don't know it as well as I would like, but I know that I respect you as a woman of God in so many ways!!!