Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The next decade

I want to write more, much more, but must reserve my time for studying.
But I wanted to share two updates.

First, my wonderful, kind, honorable and upstanding boss, Congressman George Radanovich, will not seek reelection in 2010. I am very sad for our team to break up, but I am praying diligently and fervently for George and his wife, Ethie, who has been fighting Cancer for a few years now. Please pray for her healing and for comfort and protection for the Radanovich family. Their son, King, is still in elementary school. They are a devoted Catholic family and I have really grown to treasure and respect and love them.

Second, this month I start paying off my graduate student loans. It is scary, but I feel so grown up. I am 25, and I have a 10-year repayment program. That means, paying only the due balance each month, by the time I am 35, I will have completely paid off and completed my doctoral program. I can't wait until then, and it doesn't even seem that far away. The sooner I start, the sooner I am done.

My test is in January. As soon as I find out the date, I will let you know!

1 comment:

noël said...

I heard about all of this...
I'm sorry, but also thinking of what might come next. It's kind of exciting to think that in this, you don't have much control, so the next steps will be an adventure --one that may bring you back to CA? To write your thesis? :)
You're not alone; we keep you close!