Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Dublin


I have an opportunity to go to Dublin about six weeks from now, from February 11th through February 16th. My good friend is going, and I would love to experience Dublin for the second time with her! But before I book a flight, I am waiting on two important dates: my parents will be here for a conference in February or March, and the date is yet to be determined (so frustrating). I also have to take the foreign language tool exam for my program at school, and they have not posted the single date either. Once I find out, I am booking my flight. I told my friend, my parents and God (not that I TOLD God, but rather set out the proverbial fleece), that if I can secure a ticket with a base roundtrip price in the $300's, I will go. I know taxes, fees will raise it into the $400's but that's why I have been working hard and TAing and RAing last semester.

Have any of you been to Dublin? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went there. My best friend and I rode the Dublin tour bus one too many times, sat inside of a mall because it was too cold to be outside any longer, cleaned out our wallets for just one meal at McDonald's, went to the very crowded Temple Bar where a man was singing and playing his guitar (but mostly drinking his beer), took pictures on a bridge under the snow, and slept in a hostel where I'm pretty sure I threw a sock at some man's head.

I'll never forget it! You should go back. And, we should definitely plan another trip together, now that we're (a bit) older. :)