Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Wardrobe v Summer Wardrobe

I just discovered a major difference between clothing choice in California versus DC. When I lived in California, I had one wardrobe consisting of all types of clothes that I loved. During the summer, I would wear the clothes with only shorts, sandals, and tanks as the base layers. In the winter, I would wear the same clothes, but with a sweater, cardigan, pants, tights or other clothes to make it work.

In DC, however, you pretty much need a completely different wardrobe for winter. It is not enough just to throw on a jacket (or two, or three) on top. You must fundamentally dress differently. So the peasant blouse that was so gorgeous in the summer is just not practical for winter, no matter how you layer it up.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Never thought of it that way. How frustrating! And by the way, I love your peasant blouses. They are free and breezy, definitely not harsh winter staples.